1. Respect: Our firm prides itself on being respectful to each other in the office, to our clients, to opposing parties, to opposing counsel and to people outside of the office. It is always important to be respectful to everyone because people will remember you and will be more likely to work with you in the future or refer clients to you because of your level of respect.
2. Forever Learner: It is extremely important to always be willing to learn new things. In the legal world (especially in family law) the law is constantly changing. There are always new cases out there that change the rule, even if it is a minor change. It is our job as attorneys, paralegals, and receptionists to be a forever learner. We have to stay up to date with everything!
3. Enthusiastic: Our office strives to be enthusiastic about our work. Clients notice and are aware if you are energized and ready to tackle their case. It is important to always be enthusiastic because that mentality will generate to people around you.
4. Compassion: In family law, being compassionate about our client’s situations is a necessity. Family law matters are complicated and emotional. It is important for our clients to know that we are on their side and understand their situation and how fragile it is. No one wants an attorney who seems to care very little about your case.
5. Honesty: Honesty is one of the most important qualities an attorney can have. Our firm is always honest with our clients, opposing party, opposing counsel and with each other. Lying to your client will only agitate the case and your situation. There are all kinds of jokes out there about “dirty lawyers” and “dishonest lawyers”, I can proudly say that our firm is full of an honest staff that has our client’s best interests at heart. These 5 things are what our firm lives by and strives to achieve every single day.